Saturday, September 29, 2012

40 Days in the Word - Day 11: Mark 4:35-41


Verse 39:
When Jesus woke up, he rebuked the wind and said to the waves, "Silence! Be still!" Suddenly the wind stopped, and there was a great calm.

My Thoughts: The wind and the waves submitted to the authority of Jesus’ commands. In other words, they respected Jesus. Why? They could of ignored Jesus’ commands and said to themselves, “Nah, not today Jesus.” However, they did not. They did not hesitate or crumble and complain. They simply and completely obeyed His commands. As I look at the life of Jesus and read about Him commanding the fish to fill Peter’s nets (John 21:6) or rebukes the fig tree (Matthew 21:19), or commands the withered and deformed hand to be restored (Mark 3:5), I am filled with wonder and awe. Yet, what about when He speaks to me? Do I instantly obey His commands or do I hesitate or even crumble or complain? Do I completely ignore Him and say, “Nah, not today Jesus”?

Application: Every area of my life. This verse impacts my heart, soul, mind, and body.

No comments:

Post a Comment