Saturday, October 6, 2012

40 Days in the Word - Day 18: Mark 11:24-25

I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you've received it, it will be yours. But when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your sins, too."

My Thoughts: This is one of those verses easy to read but hard to live. There are people in my life who have done me and my family seriously wrong. Do I hold a grudge against against them? To the sense that it consumes me with hate and ill will towards them? No. However, to the sense that I ruminate about them from time to time? Yes. To the point that I don't want them back in my life? Yes. So, am I still holding onto a grudge against them? I’d like to say no, but on the other hand, I can’t give a definitive yes. Do I think, however, I am living in un-forgiveness with God? Not at all. God’s mercy is new every morning and when I am tempted to to let an emotional wound take root in my heart, I have a Savior in Jesus, who can listen with perfect empathy towards me and heal me and forgive me. Therefore, whenever I am in communication with God and those feelings of betrayal and hurt comes into my mind, it is a great opportunity to process them with the One who went through the ultimate betrayal and hurt, Jesus.

Application: Relationships. These verses impact my heart and soul and mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment