Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Psalm 1:2


But they delight in the law of the Lord,
meditating on it day and night.


My Thoughts: Yesterday, a friend told me they had a very stressful day the day before. When it came time to go to sleep, they were so anxious, they could not sleep. They then, got up and began reading the Bible for the next hour. Afterwards, they went right to sleep, had one of the best nights of sleep in a long time, and woke up totally rested and refreshed. What is it about God’s word that is so comforting and why has it been one of the best selling books ever? I believe it is because its truths are timeless and alive with God’s Spirit (Hebrews 4:12). Finding joy in reading and studying God’s word is a treasure that far surpasses anything I have ever experienced. This is because its joy stays with me and sustains me each and every day.

Application: Life. This verse impacts my heart, soul, mind, and body.

No comments:

Post a Comment