Saturday, October 20, 2012

40 Days in the Word - Day 32: James 2

Verse 14-17
What good is it, dear brothers and sisters, if you say you have faith but don't show it by your actions? Can that kind of faith save anyone? Suppose you see a brother or sister who has no food or clothing, and you say, "Good-bye and have a good day; stay warm and eat well"—but then you don't give that person any food or clothing. What good does that do? So you see, faith by itself isn't enough. Unless it produces good deeds, it is dead and useless.

My Thoughts: These verses hit me right between the eyes. James legitimizes our faith through our actions of social justice. Do I take care of the poor around me or am I too busy, too self absorbed, and too un-Christian, to spend any time or resources to help someone less fortunate than me? Watch this moving video and listen to the words. 
Jesus said, “If you have done it to the least of these, you have done it to me.” And, then Jesus said, “I tell you the truth, when you refused to help the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were refusing to help me.” (Matthew 25:31-46)  

On November 2 and 3, 2012, in Austin, Texas, you will be given a chance to demonstrate your faith by participating in an event to assist those who are less fortunate. I know this will be a one-time event, but our hope is that through this event, you will learn practical and easy ways to show kindness and help those in need. And maybe, pass these methods of kindness to others who God has blessed with more than they need. To find out how you can attend this event, click on the logo below.
 
Application: Being a Christian. These verses impact my heart and soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment