Monday, October 22, 2012

40 Days in the Word - Day 34: James 4

Verse 10
Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

My Thoughts: Do you ever get tired of trying to be yourself? I get exhausted just thinking about it. Always seeing everything and everybody through my lens of self. What does that person think about me? Am I going to have a good day? How does this outfit look on me? I wonder if they like me? I wish they would just shut up long enough for me to speak. I wish they would understand me. I need to make a good impression on them. Okay, okay, enough already! Wouldn’t it be nice to take a vacation from me? Even for a day. Maybe this is what Jesus meant when He said, “Whoever tries to keep their life will lose it....” (Luke 17:33)

Application: Every area of my life. This verse impacts my heart, soul, mind, and body.

Note: I took a day off yesterday and skipped day 33.

No comments:

Post a Comment